A Dream and Google

You grabbed my hand, held me close..

The warm summer sunset dipping lower and lower until the sky was completely painted nine o’clock black..

The sands still radiating heat from the earlier 90* sunrays, the ocean calmly swishing back and forth, creating a cooling breeze..

Internally I began to freak out, this loving and protected feeling rushing through my veins is unfamiliar yet comforting..

I think you could feel my anxiety because you held me tighter, kissed my forehead and whispered, “I’ve got you…”…

*alarm goes off, startled awake*

A deep breath in and out to ensure I’m awake and not caught in a dream within a dream..

*grabs phone…”Google, find me a new brain. This one is really testing me and is slightly annoying me…”*

Covers off, stretch and down the hallway I go.

Hello Keurig, you beautiful piece of machinery.

*coffee brewing…”Hey Google, play my 5 minutes playlist on Spotify…”

“See, I’ve been searching for somethin’, tell me when is it comin’…” -MGK

Advertisements

16 thoughts on “A Dream and Google

1. Tom Burton says:

P.S. just a heads-up (because many bloggers have already written about it) – Tygpress, a Digital Ocean account, is reblogging different bloggers’ work (yours included) without their knowledge or prior consent; luckily you’ve already copyrighted your own work, which helps safeguard against it. But thought I should let you know.
        Plenty of bloggers have already complained , so hopefully it’ll be addressed soon.

Liked by 1 person

2. derra_nic says:

I don’t know whether to be slightly flattered or straight up insulted lol. I am one that doesn’t mind when others want to share my work, but it’s nice to be notified about it, you know. ☺️

Liked by 1 person

3. Tom Burton says:

Same 😀 I deliberately kept my stories public to increase the readership of them (and I’ll continue sharing more tomorrow), I just would’ve preferred to be asked first before they were linked to elsewhere. x

Liked by 1 person

4. Tom Burton says:

P.S. thanks for always being such a supportive reader of my stuff, too. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s lovely when fellow bloggers leave such encouraging feedback ❤

Liked by 1 person

5. derra_nic says:

I love your work, it’s different and Intriguing. I look forward to your posts. 🤓 And, thank you for always supporting my work as well. I know that I tend to get a little too deep ☺️

Liked by 1 person

6. Tom Burton says:

❤ ❤ ❤ It's lovely reading such unique evocative work like yours! Makes a nice change from the everyday holiday summaries, book reviews & weekly roundups that a lot of other bloggers do.

Liked by 1 person