**Below is a lovely review about Anomaly by Abbey Chronicles. I hope you all enjoy and please check out Abbey’s blog, show her some love.**
Pages : 89
Author :Derra Nicole Sabo
This book had my attention right from the very first page and it’s sure to have yours as well. This is a great read for those going through different forms of mental health issues such as attention deficit disorder (ADD), obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), anxiety issues as well as depression.
This is more than a mental health book, the author takes us on her own personal journey with mental health, dealing with her fears, relationships, family and even introduced us to the “monster inside her head”.
This book is relatable in more ways than one as she takes us on her journey with issues like insomnia, labels, religion, suicidal thoughts and dealing with monsters inside our heads. But trust me this book isn’t just about the about explaining the darkness that goes through our heads as we face our monsters on a daily, or the days where we feel like ending it all.
Or the days where our demons seem too difficult to fight, where living seems like a struggle each day, or the days where we feel too broken to be loved. This book also shows us that notwithstanding what we go through or what we’re going through there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel and there will always be hope after all.
- We’re all broken on varying levels.
- Suicide stereotyping kills.
- When speaking to a suicidal person sometimes all you need to do is listen with a kind heart and be a shoulder to lie on.
- Ignite your pain to become a legend.Your source of temporary relief which could be cooking, singing etc as your ticket out of the hell you’re currently facing.
- I don’t know what true love is but I know what love isn’t.
- Three types of kiss : the cheek kiss, the forehead “golden” kiss and the lip kiss.
- My mistakes makes me human, my apologies and lessons learNed keep my heart humbled.
- Be the one who dares to not just bend the ordinary but obliterate it.
- Don’t give up, push through the droughts. Channel the inevitable disappointments back into your craft. Break molds, think, create. But, most importantly, stay alive. And in the meantime, make it about other; that seems to work. Stay strong, live on and power to the local dreamer–Tyler
- Never, never, never give up.
- Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
- Even though my purpose is in static mode, It’s a purpose worth committing to.
- Dear heart, you’re a warrior. Moment after moment you beat on. You beat through every crack, through every missing piece. You beat on in every break and every pain. Beaten down and stitched up, yet you never stop beating.
- Get out of your head and focus on the tasks on hand. Breathe.
- If life knocks you down and out and you feel you can no longer fight for yourself, then fight for someone else.
This was not just an excellent read but an emotional and relatable one as well. The author’s bravery in opening up and baring it all in this book is beyond incredible. She talks about her struggles with suicidal thoughts and insomnia and introduces us to the different challenges she faced or is facing with several mental health issues like anxiety as well as dealing with being labelled a freak amongst other things including heartbreak.
She takes us to a point in her life where she lost her sight in both eyes but was used as a “guinea pig ” in a first time surgery that helped restore her eyesight. She also introduced us to her personal illusion “MYSTIKX -who takes up a narrative role here to describe how and what he did to get into her head whilst giving her credit for being a warrior despite it all.
She also writes three emotional letters in this book: one to God, the other to the love of her life who she hasn’t met and the third to a dead relative. She also addresses the things that has helped her cope despite all she goes through which includes,,music, cooking and baking. While also encouraging the readers to get temporary relief through things that gives us joy either by writing, cooking or even music or painting.
Through all this she offers hope at each turn, this isn’t just a black book that seeks to expose the darkness we all face inside when the masks fall off but also to help us see that there is a bright light despite it all. It encourages us the readers to keep on fighting and to never give up not just for ourselves but for those we truly love.
The author really is the true and original 1984 and for that this book certainly is deserving of a
Feel free to check this book out on Amazon, it is a book worth reading.