Guest post I did over at All the Ups and Downs blog.
What is your Writing process?
– Firstly, I grab a refreshing beverage (iced green tea with honey, Dr. Pepper, Bai Dragonfruit or a Caramel Macchiato) then I either grab my headphones or turn on the bluetooth soundbars and select whatever playlist is feeling good. Then it’s just about juicin’ up the laptop and typing away.
Do you believe in writer’s block?
– Not only do I believe in it, I’ve been hit by it. When my thoughts are jammed up I set away from my laptop and go out for a coffee or lunch with a friend. Stepping away from the writing zone helps to distract my mind from the stress. Stepping away allows my thoughts to de-jam and I can get back at it.
How do you unwind/ relax?
– One word…Beach. The beach is where I feel calm, I can breathe, it is the place where my walls go down and I can simply be. Warm sand beneath my feet, a neon drenched sunset sinking into an endless ocean before me…yeah.
What is something quirky/unique about yourself?
– I breakout into random dancing or singing. And not just at home, but while out shopping, in the car. Not in an embarrassing way, I just can’t help but get jiggy wit’ it when my jam plays.
What’s next in the works?
– Random thoughts that spin through the worlds of happiness, contentment, insomnia, depression, suicide, heartbreak, love and life. The thoughts that we’re afraid to speak out loudly, the thoughts we keep buried deep down. I’m breaking Jack outta the box.